As asphalt paving contractors in Greenville, NC we understand the interest for a variety of options when it comes to your pavement needs. Fortunately, our experts can give you the professional help you deserve.
If you are getting ready to update your business or municipal building with a new parking lot, you have a lot of choices to make.
One of the first and most important decisions is what material to use – asphalt or concrete?
Both of these materials have advantages and disadvantages.
As asphalt paving contractors in Greenville, NC our team at Asphalt Solutions pulled together this list of the major factors you need to consider.
- Better in warmer weather: A concrete parking lot is considered better in hot weather than asphalt. An asphalt parking lot will soften in extreme heat and become oily.
- Less Maintenance: A concrete parking lot has a long lifespan and is relatively low maintenance, needing only joint sealing and annual cleaning.
- More Texture Options: Concrete Parking lots have many color and texture design options.
The Asphalt Way
- Quick Installation, Lower Cost: An asphalt driveway or parking lot can usually be laid just a few days, depending on the size of the project, which can save you money. Concrete usually takes twice as long to install.
- Better for the Environment: Asphalt is considered a green technology because it can be recycled: A parking lot contractor can grind up an old asphalt parking lot to be reused. Certain types of asphalt, such as porous or permeable asphalt, help with water drainage.
- Long Lifespan: Asphalt does require preventative maintenance, but this maintenance keeps the asphalt looking new for a long time. With the right maintenance, asphalt pavement can last twenty or more years. When replaced, usually only the top layer is repaved, as the base layer and middle layer are considered permanent.
Asphalt Paving is a full service asphalt paving and maintenance contractor serving the Greenville, NC area. We provide professional services with a personal touch. Every customer is important. Choose Asphalt Solutions, Inc. for all your asphalt needs.